Monday, September 12, 2011

Orlando to Copenhagen 9/10-11/11


Got picked up at the house at 6:45 a.m. Almost forgot my coat, which would have been a disaster. We had a great drive to the airport. Thank goodness we left early because we had long lines. The other ladies used wheelchairs which did get us all through security quickly. Had my Starbucks and we were off to Boston. Since I did my usual and went to bed at 2 a.m., I did sleep some on the flight. I had some tea and some chips. I was surprised when we got to Boston that we had to go through security again. Two hour layover in Boston. The overhead compartments and under the seats on Icelandair seemed smaller. After backing away from the gate we stopped. The Captain stated that while we were backing up we broke a light and needed to return to the gate and have it checked. All I could think was that were going to be late leaving and would miss our connecting flight. But it wasn’t long (1/2 hour) and we took off. I had some tea, did not purchase any food but ate the peanut butter crackers that I brought. Watched some TV and got more sleep. The Captain made up some time and we arrived in Reykjavik at midnight. We had an hour until our next flight. Had a cup of tea and didn’t purchase any food. I think I slept the most on the last flight partially due that my in-flight entertainment screen didn’t work. We arrived in Copenhagen on time at 6:00 a.m. We were whisked off to the terminal where we sat until noon. They provided tea and coffee. So, more tea. I couldn’t get to the buffet fast enough. We’re having a great time. After dinner the ladies went to bed early and I went to play trivia, where we won a lanyard. I then went to the Welcome Aboard Show. Finally off to bed at 10:30 p.m.

No comments: