Friday, September 23, 2011

Sept. 19th Iceland


We all took the City Drive, the Pearl and Blue Lagoon tour. The City tour was nice and then we arrived at the Pearl, which offered stunning views from the fourth-floor observation deck for a 360* view of the city. After taking all the pictures we wanted, we headed to the Blue Lagoon. Many passengers had taken the tour to swim in the lagoon, a geothermal spa, but our tour only observed them in the water. So, here half of the people are in coats and hats and the other half are in bathing suits. I took quite a lot of comical pictures of this contrast. Since I may never get back to this location, I was sure to buy a lapel pin for my collection and a magnet. Another drive back through the city and onto the ship. It rained all around us and I was able to capture many rainbows on this trip, while not getting wet. A few passengers have stated that they have seen whales, I have not been that fortunate. More fun onboard with trivia and good shows.

No comments: